We are a values-driven studio that helps visionary leaders design thoughtful brands from the inside out. Our small, dedicated, and supportive team is seeking a creative and passionate mid-level designer to collaborate with to solve design challenges and make a meaningful impact for our clients.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with a project team to translate a creative brief into compelling design concepts
- Be involved in a project from early ideation and brainstorming through the final details of production
- Work within existing design systems and help build brands from scratch
- Manage your time independently with support and keep track of deadlines while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Strive for excellence (not perfection) in your design while communicating progress and being comfortable asking for help when needed
- Present your work internally, explain the concepts and thinking behind it, and be open to constructive feedback
- Research and share new ways of thinking in the industry to stay up-to-date on design trends and tools
You should* have:
- 2–4 years of work experience in an agency or other highly collaborative environment
- Experience designing within existing brand systems and at least some familiarity with creating a brand from beginning to end
- Ability to produce creative designs while thinking strategically about client goals, audiences, outcomes, and possible challenges
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office
- Exceptional typographic skills and a solid understanding of fundamental design concepts
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Comfort communicating verbally and in writing
- Desire to design for accessibility, user experience, and sustainability
It would be nice if you also have some of the following:
- Experience with motion graphics, basic video editing, Adobe After Effects, and Premiere Pro
- Familiarity with Sketch and designing for digital platforms
- Thorough understanding of print production
- Experience designing infographics and creating visual stories from raw data
- Strong writing and content strategy skills
We firmly believe that we do our best work when work is balanced with life, so we offer a flexible schedule and remote work options. The position will be full-time with a 3-month contract to start. We offer health insurance, paid vacation, and professional development opportunities.
Send your resume, portfolio and a note telling us about yourself and why you’d be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through September 15, 2021.
*We aren’t just looking for the perfect candidate who has all the skills listed. We are committed to having a diverse, capable team that is well suited to help our clients meet their goals. If you think you’d be a strong addition, we encourage you to apply and tell us more about yourself!